Nice enjoys international attractiveness and high spontaneous awareness abroad, particularly in the field of business tourism, aspects which are enhanced by its quality infrastructure. Key stakeholders in this extremely competitive arena nevertheless met to reassert their shared goals and to make their objectives official by way of a charter.
These objectives are clear:
• to make it easier to hold conventions in Nice at all stages of the process, from putting together an application to the event itself;
• to ensure Nice's continued attractiveness in the long-term;
• to provide all congress and event organisers and convention participants with an exclusive hosting experience;
• to set up an official MICE hosting policy and
• to capitalise on Nice's experience in the sector, garnered over more than 30 years.
Signatory parties of the charter are:
• the city of Nice,
• the Nice Côte d’Azur Chamber of Commerce and Industry,
• the Nice Côte d’Azur Airport,
• the Nice Convention and Visitors Bureau and its Convention Office,
• the Palais des Congrès et des Expositions Acropolis,
• the Hospitality Union,
• the Travel Agent Union (SNAV),
• DMCs and PCOs and
• the Taxi Union, representing the entire profession.
In order to ensure its credibility and effectiveness, its field of application, conditions, duration, and in summary, all provisions that combine to make it a real reference tool. As with all regulatory documents, a supervisory committee will monitor compliance with the charter.
This serves to illustrate its genuine commitment and the motivation of all parties involved. Nice's desire to become a high quality hosting area focusing on excellence was the primary driving force behind the charter. The charter exists in both French and English,