On 27th & 28th June 2020, the Nice Côte d'Azur Metropolitan Area will be in the spotlight with the start and finish of the first two stages of the 107th Tour de France. The third will also start from Nice. By hosting the Grand Start of this legendary cycling race, the Nice Côte d'Azur Metropolitan Area will reinforce its strong position with the sport. You, too, can do so by taking advantage of the formal start of the Tour de France 2020 to create your own event within this world-class event!
Cycling is a gentle mode of transport that favors natural areas. The Nice Côte d'Azur Metropolitan Area has many advantages for the development of this sport. It offers an infinite variety of itineraries and excursions by bike, mountain bike or mountain bike with electric assistance and allows several types of activity:
- itineraries to discover varied landscapes and curiosities throughout the kilometers covered on roads,
- cycling tourism that combines cycling with related activities, such as discovering gastronomy, heritage ... Semi-itinerant stays, also called "star" or "daisy" that offer loop cycling itineraries combined with moments of rest,
- cycling, whether in training or competition, for the pursuit of performance. Many routes labeled by the French Cycling Federation meet the requirements of quality, hospitality and safety.
Some ideas for day tours, on marked and upkept trails:
- Ronde Oliviers (Castagniers)
- Les Grandes du Colonel (Belvedere)
- The Vacherie d’Anduébis (Valdeblore)
- Les Granges de la Brasque (Lantosque)
- Tour du Mont Chauve (Aspremont / Tourrette Levens)
- Cascade de Gialorgues (Saint-Dalmas the Selvage)
- Cascade de la Louch (Isola)
- Les bois de Falcon (Roubion)
- Le Col du Dragon (Levens)
Bike paths are also available in the city. Nice holds the national label "Ville Vélotouristique". It offers cyclists a welcome, services and equipment adapted to the practice of cycling. Follow the Bay of Angels for kilometers, pass through the city center at your own pace and let yourself be charmed by the panorama and the rich heritage of Nice, a Mediterranean green city.
The Nice Côte d'Azur Metropolitan Convention and Visitors Bureau is waiting to help you organize a tailor-made programme to suit your expectations and your budget, free of charge.