From its airport, located a few kilometres away from the city centre, to its complete intermodal transportation network (road network, high speed rail, bus, tram, taxicab, or vélo bleu rented bike), Nice combines attractiveness and connectivity.
Useful information: the airport Nice Côte d'Azur (the 1st in France outside Paris) is just under 15 minutes away from the city centre and offers direct flights to 100 destinations in over 30 countries. The Acropolis Convention centre is located 7 km away from the airport; where you will also find over 30 hotels dedicated to business meetings, seminars, incentive- togethers right in the heart of the city.
• Bus route 98:
- From the Airport (Terminal 1 and 2) to Downtown (Art Walk) by the Promenade des Anglais.
Departures Terminal 2 every day, every 16 minutes between between 5.40am and 11.45pm.
- From City Center (Lycée Massena) to the Airport (Terminals 1 and 2) by the Promenade des Anglais.
2 terminals for departures daily, every 16 minutes, from 5:00 am to 9:00pm.
• Bus route 99:
- From the Airport (Terminal 1 and 2) to Downtown (Gare SNCF / Nice-Ville) by the promenade and the Boulevard Gambetta.
Departures Terminal 2 every day, every 30 minutes between 7:53am and 8:53pm.
- From City Center (Train station / Nice-Ville) to the Airport (Terminals 1 and 2) by the Promenade des Anglais.
2 terminals for departures daily, every 30 minutes, between 8:00am and 9:00pm.
- The "Aero pass"
In order to travel bus routes 98 and 99 with express service to and from the airport, you will need to purchase a «Aero Pass» available directly from the bus driver or in any « Lignes d'Azur » kiosk (6 €). This pass includes travel on the network for 74 mn. The Nice Acropolis Convention Centre is located 7km from the Nice Côte d'Azur Airport and 5 'terminus of the line 98 "Art Walk".
• Title "Solo": it allows you to make a trip with correspondence during 74 minutes on buses and trams throughout the metropolis. It is sold € 1.50 on the bus or in vending machines tram stations.
• Title "Multi 10 journeys": it allows you to make 10 trips with correspondence during 74 minutes on buses and trams throughout the metropolis. Available for 10 € in vending machines tram stations and in stores "Lignes d'Azur". This title can be used simultaneously by multiple travelers.
• Title "Pass one day": 24 valid from the first validation on the bus or tram. The use of direct lines to the airport (lines 98 and 99) is not permitted with this title for a specific title "aero" has been created for these two lines. Sold € 5 on the bus or in vending machines and tram stations at points of sales Azur Lines.
Namely: There are no sales onboard the tram tickets. Do not forget to validate your title for each climb.
For comfort and efficiency, Nice has chosen the tram. This new-generation mode of transportation with dedicated right-of-way covers 9,150 km and 22 stops and connects the North and the East via the city centre through Avenue Jean Médecin and Place Masséna.
How to reach your stations "Congress"?
To go to the Acropolis Congress stops "Acropolis" or "Art Walk".
To go to the Acropolis exhibitions: the "Palais des Expositions".
Namely: a tram every 5 minutes during the day. Of passenger information screens show the wait station. Download the streetcar plan
Vélo bleu (rented bikes)
Get around the city in a different way with Vélo Bleu! Nice also offers an alternative means of transportation with easy-hire cycles. 175 docking stations distributed across the whole network (one docking station every 300 metres) give you access to 1 750 cycles, 24/7, 365 days a year.
Useful information: How to use your Vélo Bleu ?
Hiring a Vélo bleu is very straightforward at one of our numerous docking stations spread across the city, using a debit or credit card. The checkout is done at the end of the journey, at any of the docking stations in the city. www.velobleu.org
Auto Bleue (rented cars)
Drive without CO2 emissions and in silence, since April 2011, Nice is the first public authority in France to implement an electric car hire service with 210 electric vehicles distributed across 70 stations.
24/7, booked online, in kiosk or by phone, your Auto Bleue is available for all commutes from a few hours to a whole day.
Useful information: Auto Bleue rates include all the following: electricity, mileage, insurance, roadside assistance 24/7 from your vehicle or by phone. To sign up or to find out more: www.auto-bleue.org
The interurban bus network, particularly dense in Nice, operates along regular service routes in all city neighbourhoods.
Useful information: for further information on the network and timetables:
- 1, rue d'Italie - Monday/Friday 8am to 7pm - Saturday 8:30am to 6pm
- 4 boulevard Jean Jaurès - Monday/Friday 8am to 7pm
- 17 avenue Thiers - Monday/Friday 8am to 7pm - Saturday 8am to 3pm
Dial: 08 1006 1006 or www.lignesdazur.com
To fully complement its transportation network, Nice also offers taxi services, available day and night.
Central Taxi Riviera: 24/7
Tel.: +33 (0)4 93 13 78 78
Reservations, account openings, taxi vouchers. Any trip distance. Useful information: Price guide: Airport - Nice city centre
Day trip (7am/7pm): from €22 to €30
Night trip (7pm/7am): from €27 to €32