From 11th May onwards, deconfinement measures will be gradually introduced throughout France in compliance with health and organisational rules.
The information on this website concerning tourism in the Nice Côte d'Azur Metropolitan Area is regularly updated with regard to general provisions, measures concerning the different categories of socio-professionals, as well as specific information for service providers.
While waiting for the physical reopening of our information offices (scheduled from June 15), our team remains available and is at your entire disposal.
The following places are authorized to reopen as of May 11th :
- Shops (except bars, cafés and restaurants). Shops can impose the wearing of masks.
- Outdoor markets
- Hairdressers, beauty salons
- Parks and gardens, forests and cemeteries
- Media libraries, libraries and some museums
- Some beaches (access to public beaches in Nice and Saint Laurent du Var authorized from 16th May and Plage Marquet in Cap d’Ail from 18th May)
The following locations remain closed pending a decision at the end of May:
- Bars, cafes and restaurants
- Other beaches and lakes
- Sports halls, gymnasiums, swimming pools
Permissible travel :
- In public areas (mask recommended, and obligatory in Nice)
- On public transport (obligatory mask, respect for barrier gestures and distancing measures)
- Long-distance travel (> 100km) is limited to compelling and family reasons (certificate required)
Gatherings and events :
- Private gatherings of more than 10 people are prohibited.
- Events with more than 5,000 people are prohibited until August 31.