By 2025, Nice will see its hotel capacity increase significantly, notably with projects that have been confirmed and for which we now know the operators. Nice will have 900 additional rooms planned in the Airport / Arénas district alone. These will be completed by the Plaine du Var development project with several establishments around the future new exhibition centre and the Allianz Riviera stadium. In the city centre, some 600 additional rooms will be built.
@Hôtel Riviera Collection
In the Grand Arénas international business district near Nice Côte d’Azur Airport and the future Multimodal Station, the offer is significantly expanded. Just a stone’s throw from the airport and the tramway, allowing guests to reach the city centre in just a few minutes, the hotels in this district should satisfy both leisure and business guests:
@Hôtel OKKo, Nice
• In the city centre, in the Gare de Nice Thiers district, a 4* Hilton Garden Inn hotel with 120 rooms will be located in the future “diamond” of Nice, a property development called Iconic. The complex will also include 6,500 sq. m. of shops, 3 restaurants including a panoramic one and a café, offices (1,900 sq. m.), a fitness centre (2,000 sq. m.) and a 600-seat auditorium. The opening is scheduled for early 2022.
• The Boscolo B4 Nice Park hotel will become a 5* Le Victoria hotel of the Maison Albar group. Located right in the centre, the luxury boutique hotel complex will open in 2022. The works will involve a complete restructuring of the building and a major extension. The urban resort will eventually have 140 rooms and suites, a 600m2 spa, a fitness area, a roof-top with a restaurant, swimming pool and meeting rooms. At the foot of the building, nine luxury boutiques will occupy the entire space.
• Similarly, the Plaza Hotel, bought by Covivio Hotels, after total renovation will become the 5* Anantara Plaza Nice, operated by NH Hotel Group. The hotel will offer 152 rooms, a relaxation area (spa, massages, sauna, hammam, gym and private coach), 5 meeting rooms and a terrace with a 360° view (opening planned for september 2022).
• In the Ferber district, a 4* Riviera Suites business residence with 119 flats (from 23 to 43 m²), also featuring a roof terrace with an outdoor pool, a heated indoor pool, a spa area (sauna, fitness room) and a bar is also announced for 2022.
• Near the Liberation market, a brand new 4* hotel will be built on 7 floors. There will be three levels of underground parking, including a specific space for tourist coaches. The future hotel will offer 90 rooms, including 6 suites of 70m2 with terrace and 6 rooms of 45 m2 for families. There will also be a 2000 m2 fitness spa on three levels with a 10-seat jacuzzi, hammam and sauna, a 200-seat restaurant on the top floor and a swimming pool with a 360-degree view of Nice and seminar rooms.
• Nice is also getting a new 5* establishment nestled in the heart of Old Nice, the city’s historic district. The Perseus group plans to redevelop the former Convent of the Visitation, built-in 1604. The aim is to turn it into a luxury hotel with 88 rooms, a spa, swimming pool, restaurant and interior patio. The buildings are classified as historical monuments. The Hôtel du Couvent will be served by the two tramway lines connecting with the stations, the airport and the port. Work has already begun and is expected to take at least 24 months.
Not far from Old Nice and the Port, two projects are currently under construction. Deliveries planned for 2023:
• The Palais Ségurane: a 4* hotel residence. Delivery planned for 2023.
• The Boutique Hotel Site Garibaldi (4* – 100 rooms).
• In Rue Beaumont, a Mama Shelter hotel is also highly anticipated. The chain is targeting a young and trendy clientele and promises in its establishments that “break the codes of traditional hotels” “roof-tops, unique and original meeting rooms, DJ sets, a boutique and many other surprises”.
• A Moxy hotel (112 rooms) of the Marriott group. Within a complex with office space (7,800 m2), shops and a car park with 124 spaces. Delivery in 2023
• A 230-room 4* hotel under the Neho Group brand by 2024.
More than 3,000 new rooms are expected by 2025 in the city of Nice!
• Hotel Indigo opened in October 2021 in the Béal district. This 4* boutique hotel offers 87 rooms with a modern and refined design by Wilmotte & Associés. The hotel meets the expectations of both leisure and business travellers, as it has two meeting rooms bathed in light, two bars and a 130-seat Italian restaurant, Cucina Victoria.
• At the gateway to the Mercantour, the Pure Montagne Resort & Spa**** opened in July 2021. This tourist residence offers 44 top-of-the-range accommodation units, divided into 6 chalets with a total of 230 beds. A Nordic area will offer, from the end of 2021, privatizable wellness areas, with indoor and outdoor Jacuzzi on the terrace, sauna, hammam and experience shower.
• The Fondimmo real estate group has announced the opening of a luxury hotel complex by 2025: The Kempiski. With over 12,000m2 of land, the complex will have 130 rooms and suites. There will also be numerous bars and restaurants, including a gourmet restaurant, as well as a panoramic swimming pool and a large spa. In terms of business tourism, the complex has planned an event space with numerous meeting and reception rooms.