The natural splendors of the coastline combine with the riches of its heritage ... From time immemorial, its brightness and its dazzling beauty have inspired the greatest masters in fields as varied as architecture, painting, music or cinema. The unspoiled shoreline is turned towards the Mediterranean and its pleasures: creeks and sea-beds rhyme with sailing, water skiing or scuba diving. The cities that dot it are in effervescence day and night: gastronomy, shopping, culture, events, everything is there!
• Beaulieu, Villa Kérylos, a striking evocation of a sumptuous Ancient Greek home ; Sancta Mari de Olivo Chapel, the port, Luxury shops and Casino
• Saint-Jean-Cap-Ferrat, Villa Ephrussi de Rotschild and its theme gardens, the port, Villa Santo Sospir decorated by Jean Cocteau, the giant bronze statue of the Virgin Mary,
• Cap d'Ail, coastal trails, Belle-Epoque villas, gardens and beaches
• Villefranche-sur-Mer, the Bay, 16th century Citadel with the Volti Museum, the port with brightly façades, St Pierre Chapel decorated by Jean Cocteau, Rue Obscure
• Eze village, medieval village perched high above the Mediterranean Sea, exotic garden, perfumeries, craft shops
• Cagnes-sur-Mer, Cros-de-Cagnes picturesque little fishing port, Haut-de-cagnes Medieval village, Renoir museum, the outdoor shopping centre “Polygone Riviera”, the Hippodrome of the Cote d’Azur
• Saint-Laurent-du-Var, the old town, coastal walkway reserved for pedestrians and lined with restaurants, pubs and clubs.
Not far from the shores of the Mediterranean, this area offers a haven of calm, freshness and serenity.
The villages, nestled in lush greenery or clinging to the cliff like eagle nests, invite the visitor to stroll through their charming streets. He will discover a preserved heritage: old oil mills, facades, fountains, wash houses, and, at the turn of a chapel ... a panoramic view of the valleys, the sea or the mountains.
This unique setting, bathed in sunshine that exalts the colors, has seduced the greatest artists ... Following in their footsteps, in search of the works left in inheritance, will enchant art lovers.The surrounding countryside is the true paradise for sportsmen who will take hiking or biking trails, or cool off in the gorges for a canyoning descent.
• Carros, a listed Picturesque Site in the Alpes-Maritimes depatement. Its 12th century castle
• Falicon, Mediaeval village. Fortified gates, narrow winding streets and paved little squares
• Gilette, perched village 400m above sea level. Unique panoram over the valleys and mountains. Castle ruins, museum of ancient crafts "Lou Ferouil"
• Vence, Mediaeval village and Renaissance houses. Shops, galleries, Chapelle du Rosaire decorated by Henri Matisse
• Saint-Jeannet, Nestled at the foot of an immense cliff, the Baou of Saint-Jeannet, autentich Mediaeval village, vineyards
• Tourrette-Levens, Perched village with Mediaeval atmosphere, Tower of the old castle, free of charge museums